Visa Requirements

(STEP 4)

Most international students will need an F-1 (student) visa to study at The Master’s University. Once an international student receives his or her acceptance letter and financial aid award package, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility may be obtained with the assistance of our Designated School Official (DSO). The I-20 can in turn be used to apply for an F-1 visa as a U.S. embassy or consulate. Of course, you as an individual are responsible for obtaining and maintaining a valid passport from your home country.

Before an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility can be issued, the United States Department of State government requires that each international student be able to document his or her ability to afford an education at The Master’s University. Once you have received your financial aid package, you will be asked to submit documentation regarding the remainder of needed funds. This documentation can come from you the student, your family, or any number of sponsors. Each person must fill out, sign, and return the appropriate affidavit of support (see below) with a bank statement or letter from a bank official verifying the availability of funds. Again, we require these documents before we can begin to prepare your I-20, the document that will allow you to apply for an F-1 visa at an American consulate or embassy.

Please do not submit these forms until you have been notified to do so by the Office of International Student Advancement:

Additional information about obtaining and maintaining your visa and/or F-1 student status will be provided once you have been accepted to The Master’s University and have received your financial aid package. In the meantime, general information about applying for a student visa can be found on the U.S. Government’s “Study in the States” website here.