Welcome to TMC!
August 20-26, 2016
We are excited to come alongside you as you begin your time as a TMC student. Week of Welcome (WOW) is intentionally designed to help make your transition to TMC a little easier. This program provides all incoming students with information about academics, student activities, student services, residence life, international programs, and much more. This week begins with check-in taking place on WOW Saturday at our WOW Welcome Tents. You proceed from there through the rest of the check-in process and finally be directed up to the dorms, for those living on campus.
Throughout WOW, new students will have the opportunity to engage with administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders (SLS). SLS will be available throughout the week to answer any questions you may have.
All new students are strongly encouraged to attend WOW.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 661.362.2834 or email@example.com.
Be sure to...
- Check all dates before making travel arrangements for fall and spring.
- Please be sure contact the Office of Admissions to arrange an airport pickup if you are arriving by flight.
- Check-in is from 9am-12pm.
- Review the WOW Schedule and make arrangements to be at all scheduled WOW events.
- Complete the Activity Release Form and bring it with you on Monday.
- Read the TMC Student Handbook.
- Check out the Campus Tour video to become more familiar with the college campus.
- Complete and return your Health Center Forms and provide proof of insurance to the Health Center. You must have the required immunizations to complete class registration.
- Check the Academic Calendar before scheduling any holiday travel during the school year so you do not miss any classes or exams.
- Read the Campus Safety Codes and register your vehicle with Campus Safety (through Pre-Registration on Self Service). Be sure to bring your registration form with you on August 22nd.
- Review the Housing FAQ before you pack.
- Take the Pre-Distinctive Survey
- Share this material with your parents and family so they are familiarized with the information as well.