Veterans Benefits and Financial Aid for the Online and Degree Completion Programs

The Office of Financial Aid at The Master’s University welcomes veterans and members of the U.S. Armed Forces to take online and degree completion programs. We have designed this page as a resource for Veterans, active duty, reservists and their families to navigate the unique financial aid resources and benefits available. The Master’s University is approved to enroll those students and their families who are eligible for educational assistance benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). We are committed to assisting you in taking full advantage of your Veterans benefits to secure an excellent higher Christian education at The Master’s University.

• The Master's University is a Yellow Ribbon School

• Please visit our Military Resource page for additional information regarding Military students


How do I start the process?


1.  Complete the Admissions Process


2.  Obtain your “Certificate of Eligibility” from the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide a copy to the Office of Financial Aid.


3.  Complete The Master’s University Financial Aid Application


4.  Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid


5.  If selected for a process called “Verification” by the Federal government additional documents may be requested (i.e. 1040 tax forms, W-2’s, Verification Worksheet, Schedule C, etc).  Please visit our Verification page for detailed instructions on this process.



Types of Aid Available

  • Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33):

The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11,2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Approved training includes graduate and undergraduate degrees at The Master’s University.

  • Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
  • Surviving & Dependents Assistance (DEA)
  • Federal and State Aid:

Pell Grant: up to $5,815

SEOG Grant: up to $1,000

Cal Grant: up to $8,056

Federal Stafford Loans (Amount determined based on need and year in school)


Post 9/11 Benefit and Yellow Ribbon Breakdown

Contact the Office of Financial Aid to speak with a counselor to receive your personal Financial Aid Award Letter detailing all funds you are eligible to receive.  Please note that an annual application must be submitted for VA benefit to be applied to account.  Below you will find a general breakdown of the awards available to Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Tuition Benefit:

  • $20,236 per year
  • 12 General Education units ($250 per unit) per semester. Summer = $3000, Fall = $3000, Spring =$3000.  VA will pay the $3000 per semester or $9000 for the year plus any fees listed on your account
  • 12 Major Coursework units ($450 per unit) per semester.  Summer = $5400, Fall = $5400, Spring = $5400.  VA will pay the $5400 per semester or $16,200 for the year plus any fees listed on your account. 
  • Please note that if your tuition and fees charges exceed $20,236 for any given year The Master's Unversity and the Yellow Ribbon program will cover the remaining tuition, however Yellow ribbon does not cover fees.


BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing):

• $15,800 per year (based on 91321 BAH of $2,184 per month) 

• These numbers updated May 1st for the 2015-16 school year.


Contact Information:

Ryan Wethern

Phone: 661.362.2292 or 1.800.568.6248

Fax: 661.362.2693