Federal Direct Stafford Loans
The Master’s University & Seminary participates in the Federal Direct Loan Student Program (FDSLP) which began with the 2010-2011 school year. In this program, the federal government acts as the lender referred to as “Direct Loans,” and the Stafford Loans are serviced by familiar agencies such as Sallie Mae, Great Lakes, PHEAA, and Nelnet. All new and continuing students who accept Stafford Loans will be required to complete the following steps unless they have done so in prior years. (Please click on the links below.)
- Entrance Loan Counseling is an on-line tutorial about the Stafford Loan(s) you have accepted. The session takes about 30 minutes to finish and is required before the funds for your loan(s) can be processed. Click on “Sign In” and enter your government PIN. Be sure to complete the quiz at the end. (Search “Master’s” to find our school.)
- The Master Promissory Note is the loan application or “promise to pay.” Click on “Sign In” to get started. You will need to provide two references with separate addresses. Use your government PIN to e-sign this document.
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office directly at (661) 362-2290, toll-free at (800) 568-6248 ×2290, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I search for The Master’s University at the end of the Loan Counseling?
Search just the word “Master’s”.
- How do I get help with the on-line MPN or Loan counseilng site (StudentLoans.gov)?
Call Direct Loan Customer Support at (800) 557-7394.
- If I have completed Entrance Loan Counseling in previous years or at another college, do I need to do it again?
As long as you have completed entrance loan counseling for direct loans, you do not need to do so again. Please note that the "Financial Aid Awareness" tab on www.studentloans.gov does not fulfull this requirement.
- If I have completed an MPN in previous years or at another school, do I need to do it again?
As long as you have completed a Master Promissory Note for direct loans, you do not need to do so again.