Students who have taken out Stafford loans are eligible for deferment as long as they are enrolled in a program at least half-time. Unsubsidized loans will still accrue interest, and subsidized loans will cease accruing interest until a student drops below half-time again or graduates. Half-time status is defined as follows:
- Undergraduate and Degree Completion (DCP): 6 units
- M.Div: 5.5 units
- MABS, MABC/SIP, D.Min, MAE: 4 units
- Th.M: 2 units
Loans might not be deferred automatically once you re-enter school. To request a deferment, please follow these steps:
- Fill out an in-school deferment request form by clicking on the following link:
In School Deferment Request Form
- Fill out your information on the request form. Please leave the section which has your enrollment dates and graduation date blank.
- Send the form to the Office of Financial Aid at 661-362-2693 (Fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
- The registrar will verify your units and notify the servicer on your behalf. If you are in a graduate program, it may be necessary to defer your loan each year.
Office of Financial Aid
21726 Placerita Canyon Rd. #38
Santa Clarita, CA 91321