TMS Financial Aid Application Process

What Type of Financial Aid Is Available for Seminary Students?
There are two types of aid offered to seminary students: Scholarships/Grants and Federal loans. Bachelor of Theology Students may be eligible for Pell Grant depending on data sent from the FAFSA. (Note that Pell Grant can only be used at one institution at a time.) Federal loans are typically available to students when they complete the FAFSA. 

If you are interested in institutional scholarships, grants, or matching programs, please see our applications on our downloads page. Look for the heading "Seminary Financial Aid Forms."

Who Do I Contact?
Please contact Kyle Ricedorff ( or 800.568.6248 x2295) with any questions.

How do I Apply for Financial Aid?
1. Submit the Seminary Financial Aid Application to the Financial Aid Office.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), listing The Master's University & Seminary as one of your preferred school choices (Title IV school code: 001220). Or, if you do not wish to apply for federal financial aid please submit the Seminary FAFSA Waiver Form
3. Submit official transcripts to the Registrar's OfficeAny student receiving graduate level loans must have an undergraduated degree conferred.
4. Submit a Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for your program (B. Th.M.Div., or Th.M./D.Min./PH.D.)

5. Turn in any scholarship applications that for which you may qualify. Find the applications on

What Happens Next?
Once your aid is determined, you will be sent an Award Letter (Please allow for a 2-3 week turnaround). Return signed Award Letter to the Financial Aid Office (With an original signature). Students receiving loans at The Master's University & Seminary for the first time will need to complete their MPN and Entrance Loan Counseling before their loan is finalized.

Where Can I Download the Required Forms?
Visit our Downloads page. Look for the heading, "Seminary Financial Aid Forms."

Still Have Questions?