Work Study Students
How work study works
- Work study is awarded through the Office of Financial Aid. At the beginning of the semester, 80% of your Work Study award is applied to your student billing account (for example, if your fall award is $1,250 then $1000 was applied). Throughout the semester, you "work off" the amount applied to your student account. If you do not earn the 80% of work study funds applied to your account, you will be responsible to pay the un-earned funds back to the college. You also have potential to earn all 100% of your Work Study award.
- As a Work Study recipient, your responsibility is to secure a job and earn the amount applied to your student account.
- Average Hours per Week:
$5000 Award = 18-20 hours/week
$2500 Award = 8-10 hours/week
Apply for work study positions
- Every student who participates in the Work Study Program must complete an online application. Once this application has been submitted, we will provide this information to potential supervisors and employers so they can review your application and begin to prepare for the Job Fair. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly as this will be our primary method of communicating with you.
- Complete the online application here. You will need your MasterNet login and password to access the application.
- Application Deadline: July 19, 2012
Search the work study job board
- In late July we will contact you with information on how to search our Work Study Job Board for available positions. At this point, you are welcome to contact supervisors, gather data, and set up preliminary interviews for the job fair.
- Students with Work Study Awards can view the Work Study job Board through their Content Management account starting July 20, 2012.
NOTE: The Work Study Job Board is DIFFERENT than the regular TMC Job Board which is available to everyone.
- New Student Employment Orientation is held during WOW. At orientation, we will review everything you will need to know about student employment at TMC, including employment paperwork and deadlines, timekeeping, and how to prepare for the Job Fair.
Attend a job fair
- Meet employers, interview and get hired all in the same day! New hiring decisions cannot be finalized until this time.
Date: Friday, August 24th, 2012
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Music Recital Hall on North Campus
Complete your paperwork
- For a listing of required paperwork, please visit www.masters.edu/oseforms
- We cannot allow you to begin working until you have completed your employment paperwork.