Important Dates for Seniors/Graduates in May 2013
Senior Contract Start Period
CLEP Tests Completed for Spring Graduation
Computer Proficiency Exam Completed
Senior Contract Finalized for Spring Graduation
Graduation Celebration Open House
Submit Proof of Enrollment for all Transfer Courses
Last Directed Study Start Deadline
Mandatory Graduation Meeting
Cap & Gown Portraits
Spring 2013 Commencement, College of the Canyons, 6:30pm
Before Registration of Last 2 Semesters
Dec 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012
Feb 15, 2013
Mar 5, 2013
Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013
Apr 30, 2013
May 1, 2013
May 10, 2013 - 9:30-11:00a
May 10, 2013 - 12:00-1:30p
May 10, 2013 - 6:30
Students intending to graduate must make a Senior Contract appointment with the Registrar to start a "Senior Contract and Application for Graduation". The contract declares intent to graduate on a certain date, and allows the Registrar's Office to collect the necessary graduation information from the student. It also provides a method to specify exactly what coursework will be required of the student during his/her final year/semester. Once completed and signed, this form is a contract between the student, his/her advisor and the Registrar's Office. This form should be completed during the student's next-to-last semester before graduation.
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
The Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music and the Bachelor of Science degrees are granted subject to the following:
1. Minimum of 122 semester units of credit.
2. Completion of the curriculum as given for the chosen major field of study.
3. Minimum of one year or the equivalent of resident study, completing at least 12 of the final 24 semester units at The Master's College.
4. Minimum of 40 semester units in upper division courses.
5. Minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all work attempted at The Master's College and in the major.
6. Four-year students must complete at least 25 semester units of general education requirements in Bible. Transfer students must take a minimum of one general education Bible survey course (B101, B102, B201, B202, BTH321, BTH322) each semester of full-time attendance. Part-time students (taking less than 12 semester units) are not required to take a Bible course. However, a student taking several semesters of part-time coursework must complete one general education Bible course for every 15 semester units taken at The Master's College.
7. No student will be allowed to participate in commencement exercises unless he/she has completed, or is in progress to complete, all academic requirements listed on the senior contract by the time of commencement ceremonies.
Please note that degree requirements within each major are determined by the departmental faculty. Many majors feature a variety of emphases which may have different unit requirements for graduation. Progress toward fulfillment of these major requirements is monitored by departmental faculty and by the Registrar through senior contracts.
Students are held to the unit requirements within general education and their major/emphasis according to the catalog under which they initially enter The Master's College. This applies, as well, to those students whose continuous enrollment is interrupted and then return to the college.
Graduation ceremonies are held once a year with the conclusion of the spring semester, usually in May. Students who finish their degree in the fall semester will receive their degree immediately and are invited to walk in commencement exercises the following May.
It is expected that all graduating students will be present at commencement ceremonies except in cases of extreme emergency or other similarly difficult circumstances. Permission to graduate in absentia must be secured from the Office of the Registrar well in advance.
Undergraduate Graduation Honors
Honors at graduation for baccalaureate recipients are granted to students who have completed at least 60 semester units at The Master's College and have attained the following cumulative grade point average:
Magna Cum Laude.........3.65-3.84
Summa Cum Laude........3.85-4.00
Honors recognized in the graduation ceremony may be changed based on the processing of final grades.