Registration for the fall semester is held during the months of March and April for the spring semester and during the months of October and November for the fall semester. All students are required to register if they plan to return to school the following semester.
Students register online with their advisors during their scheduled registration days. Registration is completed when students have completed Pre-Registration and have registered for classes using their Self-Service account.
The purpose of Check-In is to verify the enrollment of students and enable them to complete the processes in a one-stop format. New Student Check-In for the fall is held on the Monday of Week of Welcome while in the spring it is held in conjunction with Continuing Student Check-In. Continuing Student Check-In in the fall is held the Saturday prior to the first day of classes and on the Wednesday before the first day of classes in the spring. Late Check-In begins the first day of classes following the final scheduled day of regular check-in and continues for five days.
Every fall and spring semester, the University sets a specific date and time for current students to enroll in their classes for the following semester. You can view your registration time on the Self-Service Reminder Box. Registration times are determined by the number of units the student has completed at the time of registration. Units the student is taking in the current semester do not count for this purpose.
This is the last day a student can register for classes. View the Academic Calendar to see the ADD/DROP period.
4. Click on the link labeled “Register for The Master’s University as a traditionalUndergraduate Student.”
5. Complete/verify the information on each page until you reach the “Confirmation and Signature” section. Review the displayed summary of your selections on this page and read the terms of the Student Agreement. Type your Self-Service username/password in the Electronic Signature portion of this page. Select “Sign and Submit” to submit your Pre-Registration. You should see a “Congratulations” message. You will not be allowed to register for classes until you have completed this step.
We recommend that you talk with your parents and seek their support, advice or answers before completing these sections:
You will need to use the Self-Service section of the University’s website to “shop” for classes. Using the steps outlined below, you will be able to select as many courses as you would like to place in your electronic “shopping cart.” Placing a course in your cart DOES NOT reserve a seat for you in that class. It does, however, give you a “short list” of classes so that you can be more efficient in finalizing your schedule when you meet with your advisor. You may shop for courses at any time. However, you must complete Pre-Registration & Course Shopping before you meet with your advisor. Please use the following steps to shop for classes:
1. Open your internet browser, and access www.masters.edu. Click on the Students tab, then select the Self-Service icon.
3. On the home page, under the column labeled Students, click on Find Courses.
4. You can enter various information to find your classes. In the Section Search, enter a keyword such as “Bible.” Or, you can enter the Course Code such as “B” or “B101”. You do not have to enter information into both the Keywords and the Course Code boxes.
The period is the semester you wish to add classes in, i.e Fall 2017.
The Registration Type is Traditional.
The Session is Traditional.
*Please select session according to your program. For example, if you are an MABC/S student, please select MABC/S session; or if you are an Online Degree Program student, you should select Online Degree Program.
Click “Search” and a list of classes meeting your specifications will show up.
5. Click “Add” to add classes to your cart. The class may already be full before you add it to your cart. If it is, select “Wait.” It will still be added to your cart.
A box will appear after you click “Add” or “Wait.” Simply hide this box and continue to make your selections. An inventory of your cart can be seen on the right side of the screen.
Note: Your cart has an unlimited holding capacity. You can place as many classes in it as you want. However, you won’t be able to empty your cart until you meet with your advisor. The more courses you place in it, the longer the list will be that you will need to sort through every time you try to find the classes you actually want. If you need assistance in the procedure to shop for classes, the Registrar’s Office will be available to help you at (661) 362-2813 or (661) 362-2812.
6. To start a new search, click on the “New Search” link on the left of the screen.
This will open up a new window. Classes listed in Blue are Registered courses. Classes listed in Orange are Waitlisted/Pending classes, and classes in Green are classes in your shopping cart.
Close this window to go back to the standard view of your cart.
8. When you have completed shopping, log out of Self-Service or simply exit your browser.
Note: The classes you place in your shopping cart will stay there until you empty them (when you meet with your advisor). You are free to access the class shopping option as many times as you want. You do NOT need to complete all of your shopping in one sitting.
You MUST complete Pre-Registration and Course Shopping BEFORE you meet with your faculty advisor. He/she will NOT be able to register you for classes unless you have completed pre-registration and shopped for classes. Also, your advisor will NOT be able to register you for classes until your registration period begins. The registration schedule is as follows for Fall 2017:
You may schedule an advising appointment as early as possible, however, you will not be able to process your course selections until the date(s) listed above.
Note: If you have a stop on your account, you will not be able to register for classes. The reason(s) for your stop will be displayed if you click on “Register.” Please correct the issues and make another advising appointment.
3. Using your laptop (or logging into a separate session on your advisor’s computer), log in to Self-Service (if you have not already done so.)
4. Click “Cart” at the top of the screen to view classes added to your cart.
5. Click the Register box at the top of the screen.
6. All classes will have check marks in boxes next to the course name. Click on boxes next to courses that you do not want to register for and the check mark will disappear. Verify the classes you want to register for are selected and the classes you don’t want to register for are not selected.
Note: If you need to register for a course that is not in your shopping cart, click on the Section Search icon to return to the Section Search screen. Find and add the class(es) you need to your cart & then click on the Registration link on the left of the page to return to the Registration screen.
7. After all selections are made, click “Next.” This shows your “Updated Schedule.” The system will check to see if the classes you’ve selected are open and have no time conflicts. If the classes you’ve selected meet these criteria, you will be added to each of the classes. At this point, you have a reserved seat in the class. If any of the criteria are not met for any of the classes, the system will NOT process any of your requests.
Note: If you do not see your updated schedule, click the “Previous” button.
At this point, you may add additional classes (from your shopping cart) and/or drop classes you didn’t want. Continue to work with your advisor to add and drop classes until you get the schedule you want. If you do not need to make any changes, please proceed to number 8.
1. Click on the “Register” tab.
2. Click the “Traditional Courses” link.
3. Click the semester, i.e. Fall 2017, link.
4. Under the section labeled “Registered Courses” click on the box to check the course you want to drop.
5. After all selections are made, click “Next.” This shows your “Updated Schedule.”
Note: If you do not see your updated schedule, click the “Previous” button.
6. Once the updated schedule is confirmed, click the “Next” button.
7. After you are finished, the following screen will appear:
8. When you and your advisor have arrived at a mutually acceptable schedule, we recommend that you print out your copy of the class schedule by clicking on the Print option at the top of the screen. This will open up a new “printable” window. To begin printing, click on the Print icon in the Microsoft tool bar. You may then close this window.
9. At this point, you should empty your shopping cart of all the extra courses that will not be needed.
To empty the shopping cart, you should:
Students are notified by email to their TMU email at 6pm for openings. You must reply by 5pm the following day (weekends excepted). Otherwise, your seat will be given to the next student on the waitlist.