Walnut Creek Students
The policies and procedures indicated above also apply to TMC students at the Center for Professional Studies in Walnut Creek with the following exceptions. For policies and procedures applicable the Northcreek Church members see NorthCreek Church Library.
Interlibrary Loan Services
The fastest, most convenient and economical method of acquiring materials not available through the NorthCreek Church Library is to use a Local Public Library. Walnut Creek (http://www.wclibrary.org/local-libraries.html) has two public libraries that serve its residents - the Walnut Creek Downtown Library (three miles west) and the Ygnacio Valley Library (one mile east). Both libraries are part of the 24-branch Contra Costa County Library.
Another option for more extensive religious and theological resources is the Graduate Theological Union Flora Lamson Hewlett Library 2400 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709, http://www.gtu.edu/library. However, there is a $120 annual fee for circulating privileges.
Reference Desk: 510.649.2501;
Circulation Desk: 510.649.2500;
If necessary you may obtain materials from The Master's College Library.
Here's how it works:
- If you are unable to get needed materials through your local libraries and TMC has the needed items, we will send the materials to you at the Northcreek Church Library.
- This ILL service is limited to resources needed specifically for your CPS program studies AND are held in the TMC library.
- The circulation period is five weeks (including time allotted for mailing); items may be renewed once. Needed exceptions must be approved by the Interlibrary Loan Manager, Grace Bater (email@example.com).
- To make an ILL request you need only fill out the appropriate Interlibrary Loan form provided on the TMC Library Web site
- Before submitting an ILL request, be sure the NorthCreek library does not have the required item and it cannot be obtained via the local public library.
- From /campuslinks/library.aspx select "Interlibrary Loan" then "Books" or "Periodicals" as needed.
- All pertinent bibliographic data is required:
- Book = author, title, publisher, date, edition if relevant, volume if applicable.
- Article = author, article title, journal title, volume, issue, date, page numbers. Be sure to read Copyright information before submitting. For questions concerning copyright contact Miss T. at 661-362-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pick up and return materials to the NorthCreek Church Library.
TMC NorthCreek student ID cards will be made after the registration process is completed. For replacement of lost or stolen cards contact the TMC Circulation Manager. Alegra Weaver (email@example.com) is temporarily stepping in for Rachel Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last updated August, 2011