Mobile Devices Support Policy
Faculty and staff may choose to attach their personal tablet or smartphone to the TMU network, but with clear understanding that they will receive no technical support from IT Operations and must be aware of the following stipulations:
- The user is completely responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of the device along with its use.
- IT Operations reserves the right to prohibit the connection of any tablet or smartphone by the user if there are known or repeated conflicts with the TMU network or software.
- IT Operations is not responsible for missing or lost information on a user's tablet/smartphone or Exchange/Outlook mailbox when the cause is due to a tablet/smartphone related issue. In the event that a user's data becomes corrupt or lost, IT Operations will make a best effort attempt to restore the user's mailbox from the last weekly network backup. The time required for this process may take up to 5-10 business days.
- Due to corporate security and human resource policies, the use of POP and SMTP for email is not allowed for faculty and staff. However, the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol is available to provide a reliable and secure method of sending and receiving data.
- Smartphone users wishing to connect to the faculty and staff e-mail must use an Exchange ActiveSync compatible phone. The following ActiveSync URL is required for connection to the server (https://exchange07.masters.edu/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync). If you require connection assistance, please contact your wireless service provider such as AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon for complete installation and configuration support. Their technicians have been specially trained and are best qualified to handle questions regarding your personal smartphone.
- If a user does connect their Exchange account to their tablet/smartphone, IT Operations requires that they protect the device with a pin or password.