Auditions for ensembles are held at the beginning of each year for new students and the end of the year for returning students interested in joining an ensemble for the following school year. Auditions for Majesty are usually held in March for the following year. Candidates for Majesty must have been a student for at least one year before auditioning.
Students are not usually permitted to join an ensemble at the semester break, but if interested, you may set an appointment to speak with the conductor of the ensemble you desire to be a part of.
What Will Happen in The Master's College Orchestra/Wind Ensemble Audition:
- You will be asked to play major and minor scales.
- You will be asked to sight read.
- If you have a prepared work you will be asked to play it. (not required)
What Will Happen in The Master's College Chorale/Women's Chamber Choir Audition?
- You will vocalize to see how high or low your voice is.
- You will be asked to match pitches.
- You will be asked to remember a series of pitches played on the piano (tonal memory).
- You will be asked to sight read a few measures.
If you are not selected to be in an ensemble at this time, we would strongly encourage you to join the Collegiate Singers, which will help in improving your singing and reading skills. Private lessons in either voice or piano lessons have also proven helpful in the past.