Here is our tentative trip itinerary in calendar format
Friday, March 3
Depart from the United States.
Saturday, March 4
- Arrive in Israel.
- Enjoy an evening meal with the IBEX students and an orientation to the Family & Friends program.
- We hope to take a quick trip into Jerusalem that evening.
Sunday, March 5
- Explore Jerusalem, the new and the old, by bus and on foot, including the main biblical locations and some modern sites of interest.
Monday, March 6
- Visit the Shephelah, where various events of the time of the Judges and the Monarchy took place, including the site where David fought Goliath.
- Spend most of the afternoon at the Israel Museum, Shrine of the Book, and a great NT Jerusalem model.
Tuesday - Wednesday, March 7-8
Travel up the Mediterranean coast and see the city of Caesarea.
- Spend three days visiting some exciting locations in the Galilee region, staying for two nights in a resort on the eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee and enjoying a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Then, head to the Dead Sea for the night of the 9th.
Thursday, March 9
- Visit some last sites near the Sea of Galilee and stop at Beth Shan.
- Travel down the Jordan River Valley, visit a baptismal site on the Jordan River and then head to the west side of the Dead Sea to our hotel for the night. We hope to take a dip in the Dead Sea that evening (or early the next morning).
Friday, March 10
Visit Masada, En Gedi, Qumran and Jericho before returning to the IBEX campus and our hotel nearby.
Saturday, March 11
- See a few sites in and around Jerusalem, and see Bethlehem from an overlook at the southern end of Jerusalem.
- Enjoy some shopping in Jerusalem in the afternoon.
- Join the IBEX students
- Late night departure from Ben Gurion Airport.
Sunday, March 12
- Arrive back in the United States with plenty of time for you to get home for work or school the next day.