Financial Aid

The Master’s University endeavors to offer you a Christ-centered education within your financial reach. Financial Aid is available to prospective students for the Degree Completion program.  In fact, the majority of our current students use it as a resource to pursue their education.  We will diligently work with you through this process in helping you to determine the best course of action to make your educational goals a reality.


  • United States citizenship or permanent residency
  • Enrollment at least half time (6 units per term)
  • Maintenance of Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Men only: meet Selective Services registration requirements
  • No defaults on any Title IV student loans


  1. Submit the Financial Aid Application and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy form. NOTE: To apply for Cal Grant, students must also turn in a GPA verification form and complete the FAFSA by March 2nd.
  2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), selecting The Master's University (Title IV school code 001220) as your preferred school choice.
  3. Contact your academic counselor to complete a customized schedule and submit any additional documents requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
  4. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing of your completed FAFSA. Once you receive an award letter from the Office of Financial Aid, follow the instructions to accept or decline the financial aid offered.
  5. Students receiving loans for the first time must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with your lender and complete entrance loan counseling before they can be finalized.

If your application is selected for verification by the federal government, additional documents will be requested (Forms 1040, W-2, Federal Student Aid Programs Verification Worksheet, etc.) by the Office of Financial Aid.

Financial aid is disbursed one time at the beginning of each trimester; awards will vary based on a student's customized schedule of classes. The FAFSA must be resubmitted each fiscal award year.

To accept your financial aid award online, log into Self Service. Under the "Student" heading, select "Financial Aid Award," accept or decline, and "confirm." If you would like to accept only a portion of the award, email Phil Anderson at


Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is a need-based grant ranging from $500 - $8,325 per year. It is automatically awarded to qualifying students who complete the FAFSA.

Cal Grant

The Cal Grant is awarded by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) to residents who qualify (based on a student's GPA and need). Cal Grant is awarded up to $9,708 and is limited by tuition costs. To apply for Cal Grant, students must submit the FAFSA and complete GPA Verification through the Office of the Registrar by March 2nd each year.

Direct Stafford Loans

Direct Stafford Loans are low-interest loans offered by the federal government to students enrolled at least half-time (6 units). They are offered as subsidized or unsubsidized loans as determined by the FAFSA, and students will be required to start making payments on the loan 6 months after they graduate or drop below 6 units per term. Eligibility is determined by a student's grade level. Amounts listed below are per academic year.

Grade Level Units Completed Subsidized Stafford Unsubsidized Stafford
Freshman 1-29 $3,500 $6000
Sophomore 30-59 $4,500 $6000
Junior/Senior 60+ $5,500 $7000


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG is a federal program that provides need-based grants in amounts from $75 to $250 per semester to qualifying undergraduate students who have completed the FAFSA.

VA Benefits

The Master’s University welcomes Veterans, active duty, reservists and their families to take advantage of the educational assistance from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are committed to assisting you in applying for these benefits to secure your education at The Master’s University.

To apply for GI Bill benefits, students must follow the financial aid application process above and submit a Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid. If you are no longer active duty, you will also need to submit a copy of your DD214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty for most recent period of active duty. (Individuals applying for the Yellow Ribbon Program must have 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility and must complete the Yellow Ribbon Application). More specific information on the individual programs can be found by following the links above or by visiting the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) GI Bill website.

Please notify the CPS office as soon as possible of your intention to use tuition assistance to pay for classes. To learn more about VA benefits at The Master's University, contact the Office of Financial Aid or visit the Military Resource Office.



Ryan Wethern

Financial Aid Counselor
Phone (661) 362-2292
Office of Financial Aid
21726 Placerita Canyon Road, Box 38
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Fax (661) 362-2693

Mathew Wronski

Coordinator of Military Student Advancement
Phone (661) 362-2814
Military Resource Office